1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air-flo electric salter

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by TerryfromCanada, Feb 19, 2009.

1. TerryfromCanada

TerryfromCanada Junior Member

Bought a brand new air-flo salter. It is the electric one. I am having problems with the controller staying on permanently. I have to keep the button pressed to make it work. Even then, it is not working at full capacity. Anyone had this problem?

Thanks,

Terry

2. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

I had the exact same problem this past fall. I just bought my second air-flow eletric v-box in 2 years. It worked fine with no salt in it, but our first salting event the only way I was able to use it was to hold blast down. Even then it only worked at about half power. Needless to say this drove me nuts. I did every thing I could to fix it. Nothing worked. So I brought it back to the dealer. They were stumped too. When they called air-flow they where told this has happened to about 24 of thier newer modles. They switched to new control boxes and were having problems. They told us to cut the ground wire from the control box to the truck. We did it and it has been running fine ever since.

3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

thats funny, so somehow the unit is grounding out like "half" its power, wtf... least you got it working good. What did you pick yours up for if you dont mind me asking? i've seen a bunch of dealers with some good prices on them this time of year already.