1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air Flo 2 Yard Stainless Spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by SchneiderPlowin, Oct 4, 2014.

1. I have a Stainless 2 yard spreader with nice rubber defectors for the bed rail so you don't get salt in the box! Its missing the control box and the spinner. I bought a truck and it came with it. I Don't Need it. Make an offer! I am located in Southern Wisconsin and pm me for phone number!

Thanks Neal

20141002_181140_resized.jpg

20141002_181126_resized.jpg

2. Also nice front gap protection for front of cab !

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

$1000

4. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

How is drag chain how is gearbox
    Does it spin
    $1000 is too much

5. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a great spreader.I have the same model. To bad the spinner and controls are gone

6. Lol..... well I had another offer today... and it was a lot higher than a thousand ponyboy, oh and by the way drag chain is good plenty of adjust meet left and gear box is fine.... got-h20, I did receive a quote for new spinner and control box if you want a package, I would rather sell to someone other than direct competitor...

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I have to admit I didn't read the whole thing and thought it was complete. That's ok though.....what was the price on those? My buddy is a dealer so I can hopefully get a better price on parts. It's worth a grand. Used spreaders drop in value hands down, but dealer cost on this unit is around $4k new. I'd offer more but have too many as it is.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I agree these are great spreaders. I have 2 of the same one and love them.

9. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

great spreader the problem is the wire harness and controller are $900 and probably another $700 from air for the spinner chute assembly.

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I "upgrade" to the dial type old dinosaur looking rheostat type controllers. They're better and much cheaper

11. got h20 can you send me what you upgraded..., the quote I got was 759 for controller and harness..... I found a used spinner today online for 250 or new for 500.... If I am going to set this up I want the best for it... Depending on how much I get into it I'll still sell it for a good price. But if anyone has a better price now and save some money now let me know !

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I took a pic but can't load from my phone. Looks like prices went up. I got dealer cost on it and it was like $350 iirc. Looks like list is around $700 but you can find for $500 or so. I just switched plugs out for the airflo harness, but it is just #8 wires. I wouldn't waste $ on a harness if you don't have one already.

Part number is Buyers 3006620

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Make sure that spinner is the same. Have a link or a pic? I can tell by looking. Mine are a year apart and have different spinners. Hate to see you get the wrong one.

14. Me too... I will get pics and send them

15. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

For controllers and harness Karrier is the only way to go.

16. Update.... I brought the spreader with me and the used spinner didn't work. .... thanks got h20 for advice that they were all the same....

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

The Buyers 3006620 is the Karrier unit ;)

18. lilweeds

Got ya, was unaware. Price the same?

19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ya pretty much. You can find decent deals on them. A few different companies slap their names on them. Airflo was actually using them for a while. Switched to the fancy digital ones that burn up and cost more. Makes sense, huh?

20. lilweeds

Lots of em are. This buzzbox I have is awesome except that they changed to a digital controller. The controller though has been fine for the spreader, it just turns the belt on for no reason. Wish they would have stuck with Karrier, my swenson is awesome.