1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air dryer

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by NAC, Dec 9, 2005.

1. NAC

NAC Senior Member

I am interested in installing a Bendix air dryer on my truck looks like it is not hard. Is this something I can do is there any body with any experience in this type of work.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You arent talking about putting it on you pickup are you?

3. NAC

NAC Senior Member

On a 2000 Freightliner FL70

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Thats good, i was thinking, "what the h*!! are you going to do with an air dryer on your pickup.

Sure it can be done (was probably an option), Question is, do you feel comfortable doing it? but remember, it is a braking system, if something goes wrong down the road because of the install, i would rather have that in the mechnics lap for liability.

5. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

They are a piece of cake to install. Just find a area to mount it, one air line-in, one air line-out, one electrical wire for the heater. When you mount it remember to consider the room needed to service it. Before installing it have the air compressor checked out to be sure it is not in need of rebuilding/replacement. If it is passing a lot of oil it will ruin the desiccant (air drying agent) real fast and render the air dryer useless.