1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air deflector

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nevrnf, Dec 12, 2007.

1. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Check out the custom air deflector on this plow for his overheating GMC

80d6_12.jpg

7726_0.jpg

2. is that an under hood air scoop? smart idea

3. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

does that work? That actually isn't a half bad idea. Maybe paint it yellow, idk.

4. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

What kinda plow is that? Seems like a municipal plow..
    -Mike

5. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

If it stuck out past the plow a couple more inches it would work better.

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

IDK.....But it sure looks like it NEEDS a new Cutting Edge Tho!!!!

7. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Does not look like the hydraulic unit is mounted in front of the radiator and it still overheats ? Strange old plow looks like it may even have down pressure.

8. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I know nothing about it. I saw it on E bay and thought i would save the pictures.

9. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

It looks like a LEO plow. Power unit is mounted under the hood or in the bed. It uses a hydraulic APU type unit.

No down pressure, uses the same type of ram set-up as boss and westerns with central hydraulics.

The LEO plow is tough as nails and made in MN. They are like a municipal plow that fits your 1 ton truck. Very cool.

10. AllOutLandscape

AllOutLandscape Member

my old man had one, heavy as ****

11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

That is a Leo. The only plow that is slower would be a manual plow. Great plow though, we have had 3 of them and never had an issue with any of them.

If you look it is similar to a Hiniker. Story has it that the guy who started Hiniker use to work for Leo back in the day. Leo's are made right here in Maplewood (St.Paul), Minnesota.

http://truckutilities.com/ I didnt see any of there plows on the site

That is strange he needed an air foil on that truck. I still plow with a 00' Chev crew cab big block with a 8.5' Leo on it and it doesnt get hot at all.

EDIT: didnt see oman1999 already had it here.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  12. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

I just saw a Blizzard on a GMC like mine (02 D max) that had made up an air scoop out of flat sheet stock almost identical to that except for it did stick out about 2-3 inches, was painted Blizzard white, and it really looked like it belonged there. I thought it was a good idea to beat the overheat issue. Would've taken a pic but the guy was sitting across the intersection from me & I couldn't get the camera out fast enough. My truck stays under 205 on a 1/2 hour - 45 min drive of mixed speeds up to my folks house when I plow them out, but I filed it away in the ole' memory bank in case warmer temps come around as a possible "cure".