1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air Dam

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cef2lion, Nov 8, 2006.

1. cef2lion

cef2lion Junior Member

Friend of mine gets a new 2500 each year. I just put an ez-mount classic subframe on his 07 extended 2500. Got it done with some effort. On past installs I took the air dam off and left it off. Dealer said I didn't need to. He said they trim the air dam a bit but just lift the mount up. It lifts up the air dam a bit but it worked. I didn't have to trim the air dam. I had trouble getting the bolts lined up on the mount where they attach to the tow hooks. I was going to take the air dam off an after looking at it I decided it would be hard getting plastic pins back in.

Looking back now I think it might have been easier to pull the bumper and then get the mount set and in place. Then I could put the bumper back on pressing the air dam down on top of the mount. One time I thought I saw a 2500 in a parking lot that had a real clean cut air dam around the mount. I almost thought it was an option the way it looked. I assume there isn't one made for plow applications.

We are putting a Meyer CP8 ploy plow on this truck. By the looks of the front of the truck after getting the mount on I'm guessing we might need to adjust the torsion bars? Be a few days till we actually get to connect the plow an try it.

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I trimed mine, ok more like notched it because I couldn't stand the way it look without a air dam. I also bought a extra one to put on in the summer, and that didn't happen but I still have it in case the other one breaks.

Regards Mike

3. john boardman

john boardman Member

I went on ebay and bought a cheap foreign made facia (105.00) that I primed/painted to match the truck and will hack away at it until the mount fits in right. The factory one will sit until spring (untouched by a cutting tool):nod: My GMC is really ugly without the facia as it makes up about 1/2 the front of the truck and I couldn't make myself hack away from tow hook to tow hook on the pretty OEM cover.

4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

My old one is sitting in the garage all cut up from the fisher. Anyone wants it can have it for $25.00. I bought a new one from JP Customs for much less than you can get them from the dealer.

5. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Dealer in Fargo quoted me $70 for a new OEM one