1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air bubbles?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by NorthernPlowman, Oct 6, 2010.

1. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

Ok, So I changed the fluid and filter in my ultramount. now when I lift the blade the motor sounds like it could just crap out anytime. never sounded that way before I replaced the fluid, filter and put new hoses on. I cycled it up,down and side to side several times and double checked the fluid it's just shy of dribblin out the fill spout.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Rather normal after having the system open. Simply allow it to set overnight so most of the air works it's way from the fluid and it will be back to normal. Be sure to re-check the fluid level once more.

3. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

Thanks, Kinda figured that's what it was but didn't wanna find out the hard way. Motor is really whining when lifting the blade. Was waitin on you or western1 to reply lol

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Probably just air. But if the motor keeps making noise get it rebuilt, mine went out and I repalce it in the dealers parking lot. Now the motor would spin but still nothing, there mechanic came out and looked at the fliud very black. The pump was out. He said when the motor goes out it can groung out through the pump and wreck it. Made for a very expensive snowfall. The local guy who rebuilds most why electric stuff said it runs around $60 -80 to have it gone through. Don't mean to worry you just passing along my expensive learning.

5. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

Thanks Tony I let it sit a few days and last night I picked it up and moved it around it still sounded marginal. I worked it around and in a few mins sounded good as new.

6. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Glad to hear that for you