1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air Brake Help

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Mean4x4, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

My Water Evaporator/ Air Dryer is continuosly going off every 5 seconds once air is built around 125. Anyone heard of this or know any solutions?

2. truck5029

truck5029 Member

air brakes

Time to change the descent an drain the tanks

3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

you have an air leak somewere on the signal line from the gov. it bleeds off enough air to make the comp. work but the tanks are full so as soon as it refillls the drier spits.. find a VERY quiet place fill with air and shut down and listen close may be hard to find. what type of truck i might know a few places to start looking.

4. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

freightliner

95 freightliner FL80 with a cummins. I am a very mechanical guy, but have no experience with Air Brake systems & Diagnostics.

5. dirthog

dirthog Junior Member

air dryer

truck 5029 has it right the filter in the dryer is pluged up they should be changed apx every year it depends a lot on the weather and the condition of your air compressor if it's wore and making a lot of oil it could plug up even faster

6. K&L Salting

K&L Salting Member

air brakes

Sounds like the governor on the compressor is bad. The last one I replaced was around $75.

7. SnoForce

SnoForce Junior Member

I am with Dirthog. Check the filter.

8. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

thanks

thanks for your help, i will let you know what I find.

9. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I'm with 5029 the air dryer needs service.