1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air bound ?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by gforman, Jan 21, 2012.

1. gforman

gforman Junior Member
    from NY

in the fall i drained and refilled the hyd fluid on my minute mount 2. i also cleaned the filter on the pick up tube. today the plow barely works. it screams when trying to raise or angle. it is not low on fluid. i think the problem could be one of these three things. filter clogged again, pickup tube fell off or it is really air bound. what do you guys think?

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

i would use plow oil instead of hyd....I use the one from NAPA and seems to work well

3. gforman

gforman Junior Member
    from NY

i did use fisher plow fluid when i did the flush and fluid change in the fall

4. gforman

gforman Junior Member
    from NY

finally had a chance to pull things apart today and found the filter clogged again. cleaned the filter and got everything back together but ran out of day light so couldn't fill with fresh fluid and test things out. anyone have any ideas why the filter clogged again after my fluid flush/change in the fall? plow hasn't been used since the flush/fill, it just has been sitting waiting for it to snow.

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

if there is dirt in the filter then there is dirt in the tank around the lift cyl...my best guess

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Dirty fluid in the rams and lines?