1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air bags

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by snow7899, Dec 4, 2009.

1. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Does anyone have any recommendations on rear airbags for a 2500. I am planning on using firestone ride right bags. These are for a customers daily driver with a utility body and needs a little help. I didn't want to do springs or timbrens.
  2. jay723

jay723 Member
    from SE CT

I have bags on my 05. They are great. I got the compressor setup also. I put a sander in the truck, even being 3K overweight the truck sets level with 60psi in the bags. The kit is nice and easy to install. Worth every penny. If you do not load and unload your truck often then you can get by without the compressor and just use the shradder valves.
  3. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

i have them in my truck and love them i have an 04 hemi and i overload it alot and the rear end never squats. i would recomend getting the compressor i have a manual fill but its a pain filling them and emptying them and you do not want to drive around with them at anything over 40 psi if the truck is empty.
  4. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

what is the cost difference between the compressor models or manual fill?
  5. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

I've got the firestones, no on board air. Great investment.

If I did go with on board air, I would get train horns too!
  6. mezavic

mezavic Junior Member

hey guys, can you post a picture of where you mounted the compressor? I'm thinking about getting airbags with the interior control. Doesn't seem hard at all to do it but I will like an idea of where to mount the parts.

Also, for front ends... has anyone used these? http://www.truckspring.com/air-lift-1000-kit-front-80765.html

7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Just installed my Air Ride bags on my 06 3500.App.$230 from online co,--Our Deals Rock.Made in USA--they seem about top notch quality,install was simple,at 65 lbs.with 3K lbs.of Magic in the salter,I saw the suspension move app.1.5''.