1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air bags

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by willie dexter, Dec 13, 2006.

1. willie dexter

willie dexter Member

i am new to the biz.i have a 2002 f-250 i was wandering if plowing would set off the air bag?i have a western plow. thanks,willie
  2. 353628

353628 Junior Member

My last truck a 2000 chev was the first truck I had with air bags. At first I worried that I would get carried away and hit a bank or something to hard and set them off - after 5 years of all the normal plowing hazzards and even tearing the wings off off the plow once I can confirm they don't go off very easy. Maybe someone else has had another experiace but I don't think its a problem.

3. willie dexter

willie dexter Member

thanks steve
  4. yzf1000_rider

yzf1000_rider Senior Member

i posted on here when i put a plow on my 99 ram and all the responses i got was that it wouldnt effect anything well 3 years later and still no problems and let me tell you i have hit some crap pretty hard myself. so dont worry put it on and let it fly
  5. SLLNorth

SLLNorth Member

12 years, never set an airgbag off.
  6. Dogbonz

Dogbonz Member

Well, My Mother-In-Law is a real,,, Oh, Um , I read airbags,, and I just assumed,, uh well um ahh,,,Ok forget it!