1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air bags????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jeffcof150, Dec 11, 2013.

1. jeffcof150

jeffcof150 Junior Member

I'm thinking of putting air bags on my 2009 250. I'm sure it's been discussed before but any ideas or suggestions. I use bag salt for now. I bought helper springs but it still sags pretty bad with a pallet of salt back there. I can get new leafs made for 225.00. Can bag system cost less? I've heard you can do bags and just use a residential compressor to fill them when needed. Thanks!!
  2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

If you put Bags in it you will want the on board compressor and controls that go with it. Having to use a tire hose to fill it is PITA, never around when you need it. I had a truck with bags, started out with out the compressor then put one in. Now I just have a truck that will take a pallet of salt with out screwing around. Put springs in it. It will affect the ride also.