1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air bags?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ommegang, Oct 16, 2010.

1. ommegang

ommegang Senior Member
    from wi

On an F250 site, http://www.f150online.com/forums/f-250-super-duty-diesel-38/, someone with an 2010 5.4L and a new 9.2 VXT said he was going to get airbags. What do they do exactly? Shouldn't need them in a 250 with plow package should you? My old 08 with a 900lb Speedwing didn't seem like it sagged at all.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

an airbag is.......a blonde sitting behind the steering wheel
    they actually hold air to help with a heavy load and NO you shouldnt need them on your truck

3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

It really depends on how your truck sits with your plow on it. Who cares what somebody else does.

4. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

They are nice to have if you find yourself a little tongue heavy on a trailer or if you are hauling around a skid of salt and you want your truck to sit level.
    I have a set of firestone ones and I love them.

5. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

That was me that posted that. Im putting bags in the front of the truck because I hate the droopy look of the plow on the front. Im putting bags in the rear so it sits more level when I have my big car hauler loaded up with 9000lbs of gear.

All they do is make the truck sit like it does with no load on it.

6. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Is it safe to put bags on the front? I don't personally know of anyone that has done that.
    Are timbrons a better option?

7. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

you can put 550 springs in it for a permanent fix.Air bags don't last they rub inside the spring and puts a hole in it.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

550 springs make them ride like holy hell

9. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

I have done over 25 sets no complaints yet.

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Come ride in mine. Be sure to wear your helmet. Rears don't help the ride either I suppose.

11. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

sorry I don't ride in Fords Haha

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

You don't test drive the trucks you work on? Not a single one of those 25 sets??? Hmmmmmmmmmm

13. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I know who's never working on my truck, or for that matter, who has never worked on A truck.

14. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

sure I drive them , just thought you guys would care for some humor.By the way have worked on trucks and plows for almost 40 years.