1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air Bags or new springs?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by firefighter1406, Sep 2, 2010.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I am getting bigger this year with the snowplowing and I need to do a few things to the truck to get it ready this year. I am diffently going with a set of airbags for the rear of the truck. Now the front is where I am wondering what to do. The powerstroke and 10 yrs have done their thing with my front springs, and with the western v that I have now they just dont cut it. Do I replace the front springs with 6000 pound X code springs for about $450 and hopefully they dont sag as much, or do I stay with the stock springs and add a set of airbags for $266? I already have a set of 2 1/2" shackles and they are not doing the job any more. So I dont know if the springs are even worth saving. Does anybody have any experience with air bags up front? How do they work?, Do they interfere with anything? Any help would be great.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  2. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

get new springs, they are obv worn out