1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air bags in f350

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Morrissey snow removal, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i am going to put air bags in my f350 witch are better or are they both the same firestone or air lift thanks

2. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

I love my air lift. Its very easy to install and use.

3. ygim

ygim Member

I have the Firestone on both my f250s

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Post what you get I'm kinda interested in some for the front pending price lol

5. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Well I believe they have different kits that you can get. But I have them both for front and back. My front air lift bags, they came with the air bags, mounts bolts, air lines to go from the bags to the back of your truck. I believe mine were between $200-300.

I also have a f350 diesel, the only reason I have them is because I have oversized tires that are wide with my pro plus i get more than enough room. Air bags can be 5psi-100psi.

6. Morrissey snow removal

the rears are about 300 for air lift and firestone for the super duty i did not know if one brand was better than the other

7. abbottfarm

abbottfarm Senior Member
    from Maine

Firestone ride rites...hand down.

8. Morrissey snow removal

i was leaning more towards the firestone

9. vlc

vlc Senior Member

I would go with the firestone too. I had a minitruck (I know, completely different application) that I built using air lifts and one of the rear bags blew on me for no reason. I had to drive home about 30 minutes with my back bumper dragging on the ground, throwing sparks everywhere. Luckily there were no cops around! I replaced them with firestones and didn't have any problems after.

10. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Air bags = those things that explode out of your steering wheel when you crash.
    Air SPRINGS = what you're talking about.