1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air bags for coil springs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HOLLYWOOD, Feb 11, 2004.

1. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

I did a search and could'nt find where to buy air bags. also how much will it lift the front end with a plow on?

thanks

2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

try searching again, air lift; firestone air bags. Trucksprings.com was one listed under a yahoo search.

3. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

On my F-150 Ext. Cab with the plow on, the airbags will raise the front end 2-3" with 70psi in them.

4. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

HEY MYLAWN3

Isn't 70 psi alot I read 50psi was the max?

I have a 94 F150 extended cab I'm glad to See people are plowing with them. Have you done any thing Else to the truck like rear springs or tranny cooler?

If you don't mind I like to know how long you been plowing In that truck, and how good It works for you. I trying to get mine hooked up for next year.... Thanks

5. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Well the sticker does say 50psi max, but I have ran 70psi in them since I've had them and I haven't had any problems. My truck is a supercab(Bad for driveways, believe me). It has 2 tranny coolers and a tranny temp. gauge. 31" BFG AT's. It also has an EFI 302. I have installed firestone 'ride-rite' airbags in the rear in addition to the front air springs so I can haul more salt in the bed. The thing plows like a b**** and I haven't had any breakage at all so far this season. As long as your careful and have the right plow, an F-150 will last as long plowing as any F-250. :waving:

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

jc whitney i just saw them in there

7. jeepboy

jeepboy Member

i bought mine at summit racing in akron ohio,they cost about 65$ . The brand that summit carries is called 'air lift" and they work well. i've used them for 4 yrs, with no complaint's.I don't really notice a height change on my jeep ,but i only run 20 - 35 lbs w/my plow on.

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Millsupply.com and Summitracing.com are two places you can get air bags and compressors setups to control them. If you search "airbags "you might find more places too.

9. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

My local speed shop carried mine....Air lift brand, they say max 50 for trucks and max 90 for rvs.....I have an 85 f150 and i run 50 -60psi in them and the truck might moven an inch or two with plow up...I also run the add on leaves in the rear, i think they are 2500lbs helpers...and also an engine oil cooler