1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ain't afraid o' no snow!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BushHogBoy, Dec 6, 2006.

1. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

1. The truck (sorry its dirty can't keep it clean enough) :cool:
    2. The plow that could! Haha.... 7.5' Snoway with removable extensions (2' each) = 11' 7" :gunsfiring: I also have just the regular Pro-Wings making it 9' 2" that will be used primarily but I figured on a big lot in dry snow I could make killer time with this monster... I had an extra 6.5' Snoway moldboard thats been laying around for a long time out back it'll never be big enough for any of the trucks i'll own so figured may as well use it to make this blade better... oh yea, the 7.5' without wings doesn't hardly clear my own tire tracks with the 35x12.50x17 BFG's, I don't really see how a 7.5 is big enough for any full size truck to really get enough overlap...

Realize this is southern Indiana, anything over 4" is a lot to use, 6" is a big storm here, 8"+ is rare...

Notice how well the truck holds the weight... Yea its a Snoway with Lexan moldboard, but those extensions weigh a good 50# each approx.
    And, before anyone comments on it, yes the blade cutting edges are level, there's a peak in the driveway to let it drain water to each side.. this blade is so wide that it can't fit on one side of the drive lol... the extensions will be taken off for transport, unless just going a short distance with minimal/no traffic.

2. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Have yet to get the spreader and lights all mounted and hooked up... more pics later...

3. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

What do you do Bush. Fold those wings in when going down the road?
  4. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Dual receiver hitch setup, pull 2 pins and slide the wings out of the main plow...
  5. LLM Ann Arbor

Cool. So you can use them or not depending. Nice deal.

Nice truck too.
  6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

holey large exhaust pipe, did you chrome out some 12" stove pipe. lol, looks real good. i really like those older style dodges with the cummins.
  7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

8. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Correct. I can (and usually will) run the regular Pro-Wings or just the 7.5' by itself (never will)..

LOL, its a chrome 7" miter cut... leftover from a set of stacks that an exhaust shop was putting on a pulling tractor... Thanks for the nice words guys :cool:
  9. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

:alien: :jester: :alien: :drinkup:
  10. deere-cat

deere-cat Junior Member

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site (this is my first post), but not to plowing. I have been lurking for many weeks now. Just what I need - another forum to read and post to!:dizzy: That's ok - this one's worth it. This site is awesome - I've learned a lot over the last few weeks. Even tho I'm 43 years old (that's REAL old compared to a lot of you youngsters out there), I learn something new every day.

BushHog, that's a cool setup - really nice truck. Your plow makes my 8'2" Boss V-plow look small! I was wondering - how would the Snoway frame handle the torque if you hit a curb or a storm drain on one of the outboard extensions? Please don't take offense, I don't have any experience with Snoway, and I'm just curious how it would hold up.

11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

have any pics of the backside of the plow....of where the wings are attached? Neat setup
  12. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

2 things 1. why so many stickers? and 2. Please dont out the streethawk on that is an awful barlight, i made the mistake of putting on a bar light and i took it off about a week later.
  13. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

deere-cat, first off, welcome to the best snow removal forum site online! Or at least the best right now! As for the SnoWay, I'm wondering that myself LOL... we'll find out... I didn't go overboard with the welds, so that hopefully I would bust a weld before damaging the plow itself (sort of like a fuse in an electrical circuit).

mcw, I'll try to get pics later. Its done exactly like these that wyldman builds for his plows (note old thread, wyldman has left PS): http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=7403&highlight=extensions

stik, what "so many stickers" ? Whats wrong with the Streethawk? They're commonly used on a majority of fire trucks around here , or well, they've been in service a long time, the newer trucks get different bars.... what problems did you have?
  14. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Looks good. Lets see some pics if it ever snows down your way this year. I've always liked the Snow Way plows, no dealers close by me though. As far as the street hawk light bar, I'd leave it off. You will be more than ok with just the hideaways. All we have ever used is strobes and mini light bars. But thats just how we do it. Hope for snow.
  15. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats a sick truck there i like it alot
  16. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Thanks, we got a dusting but the wind was so strong we didn't really get anything at all :mad: :mad: I like the Snoway, last year was my first season with it and it worked well. I know a couple other people in my area using them that really like them too. The down pressure is nice and also I like how the lightbar comes off with the plow, and with the pump on the A-frame, and a drop down kickstand on it, you instantly have a power jack under the a-frame for easy truck hookup. I know nowadays all the manufacturers are going to the new "drive-in-push-button-hookup" style but this works just fine for me and a lot better than the old Meyer..
    As for the lights, hah, last year i ran the strobes, floodlights, mini lightbar, and wig-wags, and still could barely get people to move... They got no respect for plowtrucks.... oh and also i'm joining a volunteer fire dept. so i might use the bar for that.

Thanks DBL :cool:

Come on snow........:drinkup:
  17. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:waving: I looks like youv'e been bussy.....

Now you need some snow to try that "wide" plow out....

looks good!
  18. LLM Ann Arbor

Im not a fan of those plows....no reason really but I do like how they have the lights spread so far on the frame.
  19. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Looks awesome!!! I would think the intimidation factor of seeing that coming in their rear view would make people give you some space!! If not just dust them when you pass them!!

Good luck this season!payup
  20. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

SnoFarmer, yea i'm :cry: need some christmas payup and something to do, i'm bored! :dizzy: :jester:

LLM, yea they're adjustable widthways and heightways... these plows aren't light duty really, they're pretty strong. They have them in different heights for the moldboard, the down pressure is a really nice feature, overall nice plows... Try one if you get the chance I think you might like it.

Pearce, ya I drove down the road with them on, i was coming real close to mailboxes on one side and riding the yellow center lines with the other side LOL those wings will have to come off for transport unless the jobs are close and little traffic with 4 lane roads in town or something.. i don't have many jobs where they could be used anyway.