1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ahhh!! i hate rust

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nalegtx, Aug 30, 2011.

1. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

so i am refinishing my plow and was removing the ground wires from the body on the pump when...'SNAP". The bolt snapped flush leaving behind the stud flush to the nut on the body where the grounds are suppose to attach. Any ideas on how to fix this?... Its an Insta-Act Pump. the attachment is a pic of the issue:realmad::gunsfiring:

IMAG0093.jpg

2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I had the same problem happen on my ultramount. All I did was take the motor off of the valve body and pull the armature out. Pulled the old bolt out and took a regular bolt and ground the head down enough to get the armature to clear and put it together. Maybe not the best fix but it seemed to work fine. It was late and I needed to get it back together.

Or go all out and buy a new motor.

3. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

sounds like a lot of work. But better than buying a new unit..Thanks Tony! did the units separate easy, and is there a gasket there that i need to replace/reseal with gasket maker.?

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I am assuming that the fishcer and western setup are the same. IF they are then there isn't a gasket. When you take the motor off watch the plastic/neoprene bushings on the motor shaft, there will also be some on the top by the brushes. There isn't anything that holds the armature in the outer casing of the motor, so as you go to put in on watch out or the armature will slip out of the brushes and you will have to flip it over and get it in the brushes try again. Hope I didn't scare you, these were just a few hiccups I had the first time I took mine apart. Trust me I am no mechanic and figured it out. Good luck.

5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

I had to do the same as Tony for a friend who snapped his bolt, it's really not a hard fix, the toughest part is getting the brushes back around the end of the armature, this route is about $149 cheaper than buying a new Fisher motor.

6. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

thanx a lot guys going to try and get it done friday