1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ahh winter....

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Frshtrax, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Frshtrax

Frshtrax Junior Member
    from Ohio

Here is the deal...

I bought a 05' F350 Short box CC to pull my boat with over the summer. I love it. It's my first 4x4. My truck has a 2.5" leveling kit (donahoe racing coils and shocks) up front. Currently has 55k miles on it.

I psuhed for 2 years with company truck (f350 stake body with a 3 ton hopper, Ford 460). I realize that is a different animal that what I drive. I had a 9' Boss v-plow so I am familar with them.

5k for a new boss v plow package.I have read good and bad with the crew cab versions. My buddy wants me to sub for him on commercial accounts and will keep me pushing every time it snows. Very good hourly rate, or so I think. My brother thinks I am nuts, because of front end wear and tear. The job is for extra cash only. Are the possible headaches not worth the cash?

Thanks,

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have an 04 crew cab and push a V plow with no troubles. The super duty is a great truck. Look for a used plow. There are alot of V blades for sale. Only issue I have is with the back door windows fogging occasionaly but I just crack the window and it helps.

3. Frshtrax

Frshtrax Junior Member
    from Ohio

must be the area I am in or time of year. I haven't seen too many v's for sale around here.

Would a new xt be to much for a CC 350? a few hundred pounds of the ballest would help.

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I have a 99 super cab with a 5.4 in it with a 2.5" leveling kit in it and it has had a 8' plow on it since 40,000 miles and I didn't replace ball joints until 100,000 miles. Great trucks to plow with and they can take the abuse .

5. TEX

TEX Senior Member

i think you will be ok on the comm accts. for driveways might be a diff story. i say make a little extrapayup

6. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

hey i was gonna say ur not the one hes gonna be taking work from. But if u dont lowball then more power to you.

7. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Mine is fine with a 9.2 V-XT I have the 6,000 lb coils up front.

06 350 cc dually

8. Frshtrax

Frshtrax Junior Member
    from Ohio

^^^ nice dually. I have the same color except SRW.

and no... I won't lowball work away from these guys...lol. I'm in central Ohio.
    Seems to me...most companies I've talked to never seem to have enough subs during a storm :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  9. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Thanks,you should post up some pics of your rig.

10. Frshtrax

Frshtrax Junior Member
    from Ohio

Here is a pic of my baby with the boat. I have since added a Leer cap, exhaust and grill to it.

[​IMG]

11. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

somebody has to much money

12. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Thats sweet,wish I would have got SRW so I could run a bigger tire.

13. Frshtrax

Frshtrax Junior Member
    from Ohio

Will I have problems plowing with the tires that are on the truck now? (305/70/18 Dick Cepek FCII). Aside from a little pulling in the snow/slush on the highway, I am quite happy with their snow performance so far. I still have the stockers with 30% tread life left.

14. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

I dont think you will have a problem,I think there are others here who have that size or bigger.
    Some guys switch out to the stockes just so they dont mess up the nice rims.That might be your best bet anyway,save those for summer cruising.:cool:

15. Frshtrax

Frshtrax Junior Member
    from Ohio

So I pulled the trigger and picked up a new 9.2" poly on Friday. I didn't get to use it yet even though we had a good storm Saturday. (Family Christmas party) I can wait to push some snow with it.:nod:

16. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Nice Truck

knowing what i know now i wish i would of bought a 250 back in 01

well at least i have title in hand and i don't want another truck payment for awhile

17. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Have any pics with the plow on yet?Plow seem to work ok with the larger tires?

18. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

theres no time for a christmas party when snow is fallin:nono::drinkup:

19. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Still want to see pics with the plow on.:nod:

20. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

If the lots you are going to be pushing are large, wide and open your truck should be fine! If they were smaller, it would be a bit more difficult with that size truck.