1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Agrimaxx 12-19 on New Holland

Discussion in 'METAL PLESS Snow Plows / Wing Plows / Box Plows' started by skidsteerguy, Jan 29, 2015.

1. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

The new agrimaxx 12-19 on my New Holland T6.175, few pictures of the job it leaves behind. Always ran Kage plows on skids and compact loader, those will be getting swapped out for more Metal Pless blades, by far one of the best purchases I have made for plowing.

newhollandplow2.JPG

newhollandplow4.JPG

metalpless.JPG

metalpless (2).JPG

2. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

Awesome!!!

3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like the Liveedge is scraping very nicely!

4. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Is it leaving little trails behind in between the edges?

Looks like the wing scrapes just about as good?

Nice set up. Considering one for next year myself for my T6.160

5. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

I'll try to find some of the other photos, the picture looks that way but I'm assuming it's a little snow dust as it scrapes cleaner then anything I have ever used

6. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

Photo of the first pass the plow ever made, side wings do scrape as clean as the live edge itself, the 6.175 handles the plow without a problem, never have I ran out of power, and a few times I forget to put 4wd in, traction is the issue. Turning with a blade is hard, I run the plow in float so I just take it out of float and raise it a little so you can turn and barely leave any snow behind. The tractor is underpowered for the snow blower I bought unfortunately, just not going to spend the money to get a 250+pto hp tractor that I feel I need. For some reasons I can't load the short video I had made, but it showed it scraping clean the whole 19'

newhollandfirstplowing.JPG

7. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

where did you purchase?

8. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

Gd8boltman purchased it directly from Paul and had it shipped.

9. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

skidsteerguy,
    Looks awesome , What do you like better pushing with? , the compact loader or the tractor? Whats the price difference between the two machines. Looking to buy one or the other . I know the loader can stack higher but wasnt sure what the best investment will be , the tractor or a loader . There seems to be alot more used tractors around here than used compact loaders. Also seen the trails coming from the spaces between the edges. Alot or nothing to be worried about?

10. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

Tractor hands down, loved the 244j with the 10' kage and it use to be one of my most productive machines, still is depending on the size. I purchase the 244j 5 years ago used with 4k hrs or so, I believe te price was $44k but I had traded in a skid so out of pocket I was at $26k or so, then $6500 for the kage I believe. Tractor I have a total of $110k into. Far out pushes and cleans the compact loader, but you need a decent size site to plow with it. Tractor was purchased because i had sold a customer on blowing piles into different grass areas rather then haul snow each snowfall. With blowing the snow I needed the tractor versus the loader. I'll have to get better pics as I'm willing to bet the streaks you see aren't 1/8" in thickness and wouldn't amount to much if you ran a shovel across it. I'm actually considering a 6" auger salter versus my 9" salter as I can't get the right auger speed as auger speed of 1 barely puts any salt out and auger speed of 2 is too much salt for how clean the pavement is when i done. For the record, less into the 244j as I bought it used, this tractor is a 2014 with 400hrs, came with a loader, then add the blade and snowblower. My understanding is some brand new compact loaders approach $100k then it's a whole different situation. 244 primarily does lots with many parking stalls where the tractor doesn't fit.

11. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

whats the major difference in the two . Pushing 6-10 acre lots ,wide open. Yes the compacts are 1ook plus . Wasnt sure if bought new so its tough to figure what the price difference would be . Seeing u bought tractor to blow piles, would you say u would just by one to push with a metal pless , not using a blower at all . Would it be worth it just to push with it. is the $110k including the blower and metal pless or just tractor ?

12. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

Wide open I'd pick the tractor. Pushes great if it's straight, if you had to make a few turns I'd put the blade on a large loader. My 924g handles a 16' box blade great even while turning, the tractor has trouble turning. In the future I'd add more tractors and metal pless blades but only need one blower so I would add ballast or maybe a rear blade on the future rigs. $110k was everything, but the tractor was a great deal, I'm a fan of Deere but the price wasn't even close. My compact stays at the 2 acre lots or less usually. As salt prices increase the blade will only pay itself back faster along with low maintenance by the looks so far

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice indeed.

14. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I am glad you brought that up, I am sure its one many peoples mind. Yes between every 24 inch section you will see that line of snow. It is a very fine line, and its really only noticeable because the other 24 inches is down to bare pavement. If the sun were to come out in the morning it would melt away in no time. How much salt do you think Skidsteerguy needs to put down on this site when he was finished. I can't think of any other plow that is open to 17 feet wide would scrape that clean.
    I am looking forward to more pictures and videos, thanks for sharing.

15. Mark Oomkes

Maybe I should sell my HLA..............

16. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Maybe, you should. How has your experience been using the LiveBoxx with the Liveedge?

17. Mark Oomkes

There isn't any recently.

However, I love it and so does my customer. They're thrilled with the results.

18. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

Thanks for chiming in Neige, I was actually going to go fire it up today and plow a few passes in part of the vacant lot we use to park to see in person. I know when I plow it doesn't look like anything left behind, I'd be willing to bet it's now more then if I ran the lot with a 16' fixed blade, and in that case it's only every 24" for maybe 1/4" wide.

19. Neige

Neige Sponsor

What would be really interesting is to make a few passes with the 16 foot fixed and then plow again with the Liveedge and see how much more you can peel off. Then plow another area with the Liveedge and go over that again with the 16 foot and see what it peels off. Thumbs Up

20. skidsteerguy

skidsteerguy Member

I really want to as I was disappointed the first pass with the 16' pass but the two machines are about a half hour apart and never an early enough snow so I could get to the other site. The few times the 10' kage is out with the tractor I was surprised what I cleaned up, almost felt like telling the kage operator he might as well park his machine lol. I'll get a picture of me plowing after another unit next storm, at this rate it might be awhile. Just parked the tractor as I took quite a few more pictures, I'll get them loaded in a few hours