1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Agravation fees

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cos, Jan 3, 2001.

1. cos

cos Junior Member

Does anybody tack on these fees to people that decide to call you for an estimate, then cancel, and then call you back? The most proffesional way I think to handle people like this is to just give them a higher estimate next time they want a price on anything.

I was refered by a lawnsiter :D and I went out to this home (probably worth about atleast $350,000), and gave them an estimate and then she called and said, "go ahead and do it." I then got a phone call canceling my proposal. The neighbor called and wanted to set his own price for plowing his driveway. Kinda reminds me of the commercial "How do you think I got soooo rich?"

2. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Everybody has the right to be a butthead....

As long as they pay for the privilidge.

I hate when this type of thing happens.

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

cos, they get one shot. Next time they call, sorry folks my schedule is full.

The night before this last storm, I recieved several calls from folks asking if I would do their property, Im a neighbor of so-and-so, no hurry, whenever you get to it, etc. Two of them were done when I got there. No big deal. I had to be at the neighbors anyway. I sent them a bill for the visit. Dont expect to be paid, but I await the phone call so I can get a kick out of the lame excuses I will get as to why it was done and nobody bothered to call and let me know to not show up. For those two, if there is a next time they will purposely get skipped.

4. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

don't forget to include 10% idiot tax on those problem customers