1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Maclawnco, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

I get emails from these guys all the time asking for bids. I think they watch these boards. Has anyone ever won any work from them? Do they have the contracts when they ask for our pricing or are they just collecting data from us for their bids? I dont have time to feed them data so I have yet to play along. Anyone have any success with them?
  2. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

I have bid several projects for them. They most likely dont have the contract. Just want you to go out and do all the bidding work and forward it to them. I have told them to stop sending requests for pricing.
  3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm pretty sure that is Rich's company or his wife's. He is a great guy. I also believe he is one of the most knowledgeable persons in the business.
  4. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I have bid a few for them. They are getting bids from you and a lot of others so that they can bid it to whomever. If they win the bid by using your bid to them, then you get it. They actually do it right. They get the bids from you first. A lot of companies bid it out without knowing what a subcontractor would charge. Then they screw over anyone working for them because they under bid it.
  5. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

so has anyone ever won any work off these guys? I dont much often listen to anyone who claims to have hung the moon...
  6. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

I know a couple people that do a fair amount of work for them. They both say that Rich is a good person to work with. I have looked at severl contracts for agmg and have not bid them do to some of the wording. Read the wording in the contacts very carefully and then decide if you want to bid.
  7. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

I have yet to bid on one only because of locatiob but, they seem like a decent company from my limited dealings.