1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Agmg?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mick76, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Since we've seen other nationals non payment threads pop up (we tried to warn you all) , I'm curious about Rich's company Affiliated Grounds Maint Group ( AGMG ).... How's everything going with them? (besides the low pay but thats with all nationals) Are you getting paid in a timely manner as your contract states? Just curious as Rich totes his company as being different from other nationals......

2. Green Stewards

Green Stewards Junior Member

My company has worked with AGMG for a few years now. I have NOTHING but good things to say about them..

I have personally met Rich as he came to Michigan and we drove around for the day to meet with clients and had lunch! Great guy! Not to mention, he usually answers his cell on weekends. Try that with other national companies! As for pay, like clockwork. Average 25-28 days net.

Kudos to Rich and his team!

3. KCG Management

KCG Management Junior Member
    from IL

AGMG this is our first year with them and we work with alot of national companies and AGMG is the only company who pays on time! For the others we will probably be looking at the end of July for our final payment! We look forward with working with them in the future. They take care of there contractors and also help guid them in the right direction to help better there company.

4. Green Stewards

Green Stewards Junior Member

I couldn't agree more on payments... We too do work with another national company, and they're currently about 60 days behind on payments!

5. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

Of course he would buy you lunch! He is making money when you are spending it.

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

So far there has been over 300 that has read this thread... only 2 positive responses?... not that a positive response is a bad thing but I'd think there would be more input......

7. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I did lawn work for a Target for AGMG. Payments were always there & they would even call me if I got behind on sending out invoices. Target was supposed to be a 3 season deal, but Target pulled the plug, sent it out to bid & AGMG lost it (so did we then). I will say of all the nationals I've dealt with their the only ones I met with face to face, at clients properties, we did site walk throughs as well. I wouldn't hesitate to do work for them again.

8. slc12345

slc12345 Member
    from CT

We have worked for AGMG for three years now, and as the others say he is great to work for. Payments on time and no paperwork issues. We also work for a few others and they pay also but AGMG just feels like a better company to be working with. I look forward to getting more places to work with them on.

9. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

I remember reading a article in SNOW that says its a woman owned and operated business?

10. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

It's not that uncommon to do this. There are advantages for women and/or minority owned businesses.

They should get credit where credit is due. If they are being compared to other "nationals", then they seem to be doing a better job as far as the feedback here goes.

11. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Im Glad to hear that one of These National type companys is Paying on time.....I guess they will give them the New SIMA pay on time award....Thumbs Up

12. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Its owned by Crystal Arlington, Rich Arlington's wife. Rich owns Arlington Lawn Care in Erie, PA. Thats been my understanding at least.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  13. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Rich is an awesome guy! And he knows a thing or two about business.

14. Drakeslayer

from Carver

and how much was the seminar?

15. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Boss,
    I'm sure there are "awsome guys" at other nationals also.......I wasn't asking what type of guy Rich is as I met him in RI at the last Symposium..... In terms of "knowing a thing or two about business", Alot of us on here have business degrees and run successful businesses.

But I will give you this Rich. From the responses above, you've proven (at least to me) that you are slightly different then other nationals. Meaning you pay your subs on time. Not that my opinion matters. I still won't work for any national because of the amount of pay any of you offer but I was curious as you were saying AGMG was different from other nationals earlier this year. Good for you, you backed up what you boasted.

16. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Would you care to elaborate?

17. Drakeslayer

from Carver

No. just asking.

18. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

I don't think it was as much of a question as it was a statement or even a cleverly disguised jab right?

I got it at least.