1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

AGGHH! No start when hot 6.0

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JAYINH, Mar 9, 2013.

1. JAYINH

JAYINH Member

So i will be tering into the high pressure oil system in the coming days..... last week i has 2 different times the truck would not hot start. th last one left me in the bank parking lot for over an hour.I plan to do new stand pipes, dummy plugs and injector o rings. I may do the HPOP fitting up date as well, cant remember if we did that when the heads were done. any one else have this issue? its a 03 6.0 with 240k

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Happened on a 06 i know. Would crank and crank and crank and crank. Sometimes it would start others not. Ended up being dummy plugs.

3. JAYINH

JAYINH Member

so after pulling the valve covers i found out a couple things.....my truck(2003) has the old style supply rail that has no dummy plugs and has a different style standpipe. i got those parts free from a buddy but did not need them as they dont fit! turns out i had a bad o ring at the injector top, i pulled an old oring off a backup injector and good to go.

4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I have had a couple do that in the past. If you crank long enough, they will start, but 60-75seconds would be my max. Seems that there are some D-rings under the valve covers that fail and cause a loss of high pressure, but if you crank long enough, most of the time it will build enough and start.