1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Age of plow??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mike Hughes, Dec 27, 2000.

1. Mike Hughes

Mike Hughes Member

How can I determine the age of my plow? I bought a used 2000 F250 SD, and it came with a Western 7.5' plow. The paint is flaking off and it has rust spots all over it. I realize snow and salt can be rough on a plow, but the plow still looks older then one year, but the previous owner says its not. Any way for me to find out for sure?

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Email western with the model number, they should be able to tell you at least what year the plow was produced.
    Dino

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

My western looks terrible too and its on its 3 rd season,I just bought it used,my Fishers still look new-so I might believe him after looking at mine.

4. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

western/fisher both have paint problems

5. jason2

jason2 PlowSite.com Veteran

I bought a used western 7.5 this year. It's 3 years old with horrible paint problems also. The plow itself is in excellent shape, just the powder coat is garbage. I plan to blast the powder coat off this summer and lay down some paint.

6. Psyclopse

Psyclopse Member

I wouldn't bother emailing Western. I have emailed them 12 times on 3 different subjects in the past month and they have yet to answer my emails. I have to put them on my list with that company in Mass as far as taking care of their web presence (although the Mass. company scored less for the way they treated me). Oh well, I guess some companies must have enough money that they don't care if they lose a potential customer. Must be why a competitor's plow is hanging from my Western mount right now.

7. Greenman2ooo

Greenman2ooo Banned

I emailed them a couple of days ago, still no response. Again, many companies neglect their websites. If you are going to bother with the web, you must keep on top of the site. Companies will figure it out sooner or later. Guess I have to find their phone number.

Anyone know how to get shop manuals for the MVP and straight blades????

8. Greenman2ooo

Greenman2ooo Banned

Email info@westernplows.com

They responded with part numbers for the manuals I requested. Two days is a reasonable time period. Try your luck.

9. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Some of the online plow parts stores sell the manuals. Do a search to find them if you don't have the links.