1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Again already?....

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by grandview, Nov 2, 2006.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Good thing it's only going to snow in the southtowns today,12 inches. But what's this white suff coming down in the northtowns?:confused:

snow 11-2-06 001 (Small) (2).jpg

snow 11-2-06 003 (Small).jpg

2. MaineMike

MaineMike Member
    from Maine

Lake Effect

As Homer Simpson (Mr. Plow) would say: "Ahhhh! White gold!"

3. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

why is your plow not hooked to your truck

4. grandview

I don't put it on until I leave. It only takes a minute to hook up.

5. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

coming to syracuse to!!!! Company I work for told me to be ready for tongiht and tomm!!!!

6. grandview

Sorry,
    I'll leave it to you.Besides I hope you guys win the Golden Snowball award again.:nod:

7. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

ahah.. I sitll got soding to finish tomm and sat.. totaly re built a green and surounds.. just started soding the green grass today.. but weve sodded in some snow last year so we will do it again?? idk how it survives but it does!!! YOu all cleaned up from the storm or is there sitll a lot of action going on from it??

8. grandview

There are still a lot of out of towners here cleaning up. In Amherst a company from down south picked up a 15million dollar contract for clean up.I'm hoping to get out 1 or 2 more times for lawn cutting .

9. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Jesus.. thats a big contract.. what is it cutitng and chiping brush?? Yea I say mow as long as we can!!

10. grandview

All they are doing is picking up the trees branches on the side of the road and taking it to the town dump for them to mulch.

11. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

the second you hook your truck to your plow it stops snowing. one of murphys laws. :nod: :)

12. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Well Grandview, Looks like you might get it again, from those pics. Wish you the best of luck this year, and if you dont want the snow, plug in some fans and blow it back this way. We'll take itpayup

13. grandview

Since I'm all seasonal I don't want any snow.I like a "green" xmas for my lawns and snowplowing payup .:D

14. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Wow, that pic gives me hot flashes! I'm ready for the snow, so where the hell is it?

15. KingofObsolete

KingofObsolete Senior Member

wow that is wet snow, glad we don't get anything like that. only the dry stuff in the great white north. this is us traveling 600 kms round trip to pick up school kids becaus ethe airport was closed.

thansk

snow trip to thompson nov 5 2006.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  16. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Caribou for the freezer while waiting for snow

Not too much snow in south-central Alaska yet,... maybe a foot or so in the high country, so decided to put some meat in the freezer before serious plowing gets underway,... :gunsfiring: :waving:

Caribou, Oct. 30 2006 (Small).JPG

17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Never had caribou, but it looks good. The snow too. :D

18. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

NIce Rack!!!!!!
    On the Caribou that is:cool:
    The snow is very invitingpurplebou

19. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

You sir are my idol. I wish I could live the life. My kids are still young and the day job has another eighteen months before retirement. I hunt every chance I get, whitetail, birds, bear and elk. But the what you have there is some of the best I'v ever eaten. I am really depressed now. No dang snow here and no caribou!:salute:

20. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Its a Western Ultramount. There a since to hook-up!