1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

AG Tractors

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by Snow tracker, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Snow tracker

Snow tracker Senior Member

Does anyone run an Arctic on a AG tractor? How would I size the plow to say a 70 hp tractor? What tires would be best? Any help would be appreciated

2. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

I have a ten footer on a 5105M Deere. I think the tractor weighs about 10000# with fluid in all the tires. It has R1 tires and they suck when it's icy. It's a good match for my tractor though. I had an 8 foot w a rubber edge and couldn't hardly push it. The floating hitch on the arctic works well on a loader.

3. Snow tracker

Do you think a 70 hp will push a 10 footer? I plan to have a blower on the back for weight.

4. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

You should be OK, I would get wights for the rear tires. A blower won't add much wight.

5. Snow tracker

Thanks. The blower weighs 1900# and there is fluid in the rears. Would you still add wheel weights?

6. B-2 Lawncare

I am just curious is this you first tractor? Yes I would still add the weights the more weight the better. 1900# may seem like a lot but not really.
    I saw you other thread what kind of pusher do you want? One that mounts to the leader or one that hangs under the tractor?
    Both have there pros and cons, we run ours on the loader, because we mostly get light fluffy snow. If I was in and area that got a lot of snow or a lot of wet snow I would have the kind that under the tractor.

7. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I have a baby articulating loader with ag tires that weighs about 10000 lbs. 12 ft pusher box. When we are relocating piles it feels it. Regular snow storm (not a wet cement push ) it just buzzes along with an over full box.

8. Snow tracker

No it is not my "first tractor". I have the same model in an open station for AG use. The one I am setting up will have a cab. It would be the first to set up for dual use in AG and snow.

I would love an Arctic in front of it because they seem like the best out there but don't know if that would be the best match???? I would want it on the loader for stacking. In our area we get lots of 2 to 3 inch snows but can get a heavy wet one once in a while. And we always get a March 10 plus that's wet.

9. B-2 Lawncare

Sounds like you've got a good grasp on what you want and need. We run JD stuff just because they are local and we can get parts or service as needed. So I can't speak as to how an Article will work for you. But there stuff looks well built.
    You weather sounds a lot like what we get here.
    Just curious again but what do you farm, I am a displaced from kid my self. We put up hay and corn.

10. B-2 Lawncare

I just saw you are from Wisconsin, go pack go, next year that is. Lol
    I am a huge packer fan, in fact I went to the packer lions game this last fall.

11. Snow tracker

We graze beef cattle and make hay for winter feed. The 4X4 tractor is used for feeding when the snow gets deep. It drifts like crazy around the farm so a blower will be useful.

The Pack will go all the way next year for sure and there is no place to watch a game like Lambeau field

12. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

I'll pm you my number and you can give me a call Sunday afternoon or Monday. The Arctic blade will save your loader from damage and I think you will be fine with a 10 ft. I have a blower for both of my tractors as well. I never get done with the pusher in time to use the big blower. I can make you a good deal on a same as new 8 footer.

13. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

I think you need a couple more posts before I can pm you

14. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I run a 12' arctic ld on a John Deere 6310. Works like a champ. The tractor has an ebling back blade on the back as well. Awesome set up. I also run a 12' boss bx12 on a John Deere 7520. Another great set up as well. The 6310 has Michelin agribib tires with fluid in the rear and the thing pushes like an animal. It could handle a 14' in most storms. Arctic box seems to be a good fit for an ag loader.

15. Snow tracker

Thanks. For the input. I ended up with a 75 hp new holland.. Now I need to work on outfitting it.