1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ag tractor Metal pless vs. pickup

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by d_charters, Jan 20, 2016.

1. d_charters

d_charters Junior Member
    from ontario

I am looking at pricing a large number of town house complexes and am looking at getting a quote on a Kubota m7060 with a 8-13 metal pless.

My main concerns are:

Is this tractor going to be much quicker than a 3/4 ton with an 8ft. blade and prowings?

Is this tractor big enough to do what I'm hoping it will, and Is it still small enough to move around smaller properties. (properties are between 15 and 150 units)

Any input on things I may be overlooking would be appreciated.

These properties are mostly 3 year contracts and I would want to have the tractor paid for by the end of the 3 years, so I'm limited to around the 70 - $80000. mark.

If all goes as planned I may consider bidding on the local school boards and use the tractor for grass in the summer.

2. f150skidoo

f150skidoo Member

You will get a better answer's if you post satellite images of the complex's. But a tractor would be faster then a pickup.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yes

Should be

4. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Tractor hands down.