1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

AG loader arms

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ry_rock, Oct 8, 2014.

1. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

Hi Guys,

My question mounting an expandable wing plow to an AG tractor and using the loader arms.

I know the loader arms on an AG tractor are not as strong as wheel loader arms. I know it can be mounted to the AG tractor loader arms, and it depends on drivers and lots etc, but am I likely going to have more issues than benefits from doing this?

Should I only consider a sub frame mount? or consider just going with a wheel loader.

I appreciate any input.

2. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Dealt with farm tractors my whole life, and wheel loaders for 5 years, get the wheel loader, much more suited to commercial snow.

Will a tractor do it? Yes, but it isn't near as heavy as a wheel loader

3. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Last year we welded both tractor loaders twice, wheel loaders have never been touched.

4. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

Thanks for the reply, seems like a no- brainer
    What sized wheel loaders are you using, make and model
    Not sure if I want to go with a 1 yrd loader or a 3 yrd loader

5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Depends what your doing.. I just bought a 2.5 yard machine and it will work great for me but for some it would be to big or to small..

6. alpine779

alpine779 Member

We just bought an 07 Cat 924g with 5000hrs. Putting an AMI 10-16 reactor 4n1 blade and Michelin sno plus tires. Should have her fitted out in 3wks. It has a 2cyd and 3cyd bucket that came with it as well. Another machine we are considering purchasing if we keep expanding is the new cat 910/914k series loader with a smaller reactor 4n1 blade.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The farm loaders made in the last 10-15 years are way stronger then ones made in past. We have loaders that are 10 years old and have plowed commercially for 10 seasons and never been weld or bent with 12 and 14ft pushers and 14 ft angle blades. That being said I'd rather have one direct mounted. Deere and Aloe make the strongest loaders. CNH, Kubota and Fendt use Aloe as their factory loader.

8. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Welded both our 99 6400 640 loader and the 7230 740, maybe ours get abused more.

Anyway I've used a 621E case(2.5yd), 928H(2.5yd) cat and added this year a cat 950K(4.25yd).

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We had a 740 on our 7140 20 years ago it was a pretty good loader. There's no comparison between the durability of a farm loader and construction loader I'm just giving my opinion on plowing with them for 25 years and my dad has plowed with farm tractors for 15 years before I could.

10. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I agree completely, they can do it no problem, just put an operator in, and check the welds periodically.