1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Aftermarket" vehicle warranty?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mkwl, Oct 22, 2009.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I'm thinking about getting some warranty coverage for my truck- and am looking for some recommendations- anyone?
  2. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Go to your local GM dealership and talk to the service manager. They are the ones that deal with the warranty companies the most, and will tell you which company they play best with. Sometimes, they'll have some pamphlets there at the service desk too for their choice company.
  3. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

"local GM dealership" = whatever dealer or service shop (GM, or independent) that you want to have potential work done at.
  4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Okay- thing is- half the time I'm away at school, and half the time I'm home (3 hrs away)- does it really matter which GM dealer I talk to?

I already called US Fidelis- they won't write a policy because the truck has a plow on it :rolleyes:
  5. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Yes, it could make a difference who you talk to. Chances are, however, that most (if any) warranty claims will be covered either way, but some dealers will go to bat for you, and some will leave you hanging. I can't remember the company that my SM recommended, but he says they pay for just about any claim they submit without much of a fight.
  6. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

Statisticaly speaking, warranties are a waste of money. Why do you think they offer them? If people really needed them they would't make any money!

dealers also mark them up, so if you do go for one don't be afraid to negotiate with them on price.
  7. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

you may have to tell them it does not have a plow and remove it for service. A pain, but a few others on here have had to do that.
  8. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

warranties are great! my old truck a had 17,000 dollars in warranty work done including 2 transmissions, 1 motor, rear end, front end and u joints