1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aftermarket Trans temp guage

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Any of you guys with NBS silverado 1500's using an aftermarket trans temp guage? I'm finally getting to do mine but I can't find a good spot to mount the auto meter manifold. Plus, I'm not a big fan of cutting trans lines.....should I just pop the sending unit into the test port??? :help:

Discuss..

2. NJBuickRacer

NJBuickRacer Member

I put the sender into the test port on a couple of my race cars with no issues. It shouldn't be a problem.

3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Bad Luck

Probably to late, but have you considered replacing the instrument cluster?? A bid expensive, but they look great... check out this web site...

http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=261

On my fathers truck (Chevy 1500) we just cut the transmission lines... works great. I actually tore apart the instrument cluster and put the guage right where the factory one is. Looks great...

Lou

4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I really would like to but I can't justify the cost right now. 300 beans is a big nut to drop for just one guage. If GM would stop chinsing out on what we actually use in these trucks it would be a work of god. It really makes no sense at all to me that an SS, a Denali, 2500 and up series come with the guage and 1500's do not. The wiring is all there already!! Is this truck not an off road version? Does it not have a trailering package!?? WTF!!!

5. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Bad Luck... I totally understand where you are coming from on the guage not being there. The kicker is that they do not even have it as an option. Well any way I am thinking of maybe swapping out mine for one of the denali ones some time in the summer when the weather is nice and I am making some extra money. If I do I will sell off mine. I will keep you in mind and if you are interested I will cut you a deal on it.

6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Sounds like a plan..... :nod: