1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aftermarket TBI

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Redneck, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Hey fellas Im looking for a little info, One of my trucks is a 90 K2500 with a 350 I bought a Holley TBI for it but the Holley TBI has a round TPS plug and the stock TBI has a flat plug, question is, is there a plug I can buy to go to the round style and if so will the wires match up?
  2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

3. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

before you install that unit go read some good info on www.tbichips.com brian has lots of good info.

its realy not a simple bolt on item all stock for stock. will require some mods to work right.
  5. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

right on the money. a better option would have been a modified stock throttle body, like XtremEfi on EBay, RV Morse, CFM Tech, or TurboCity.
  6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

there is a lot of more user freindly options before holley tbi unit.

i have one but i am going to use it on a 454 big block swap over. and its super close to the 454 tbi specs. but much more price and finding friendly rather than a 454 tbi unit.

go read brians stuff on tbi chips.

to much work to work right on stock stuff.