1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aftermarket plow blades

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Clcare, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Clcare

Clcare Junior Member
    from indiana

After last years season took it's toll on the equiptment. We were looking at re skinning a couple of our
    Unimount blades. It's something we have done before and have created a jig for. However it's kinda of a pain to remove the old skin cleanly. My landlord has a laser Cnc and does a lot of parts cutting for us. So we decided to make our own blade start to finish.
    So the question is if some one could make an aftermarket replacement blade for a western unimount or ultra mount plow Would you purchase one.

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

The question should really be is that are you able to be "competitive" from a pricing standpoint, to be able to sell aftermarket plow blades ? The big corporations that make these products have a distinct advantage of being able to make them cheaper than an individual company that makes a couple to a few hundred a year. Poor folks buy used junk. Good businessmen buy new and affordable product. Very successful businessmen buy complete new setups attached to new trucks..

One (meaning anyone who's interested in purchasing a new blade) who could afford a new blade would most likely look for the most cost effective purchase. Someone who had extra cash to burn who wanted a "custom blade" would probably be much more likely to order an aftermarket unit, as then they could get it built to their specs. This is where your "niche" might just find it's place. Be the company that stands out as the "build them the way you want them" folks....

Cool idea, you building your own blades. How about a thread with pix of the process. I think someone here did it before, but a new take on it would be really nice to see..

3. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Good idea lets see some pics

4. Clcare

Clcare Junior Member
    from indiana

How do I post pics?

5. rjigto4oje

how are you viewing computer or cell phone if cell phone android or iPhone

6. Clcare

Clcare Junior Member
    from indiana

I am using an iPhone

7. rjigto4oje

I use android when I'm on a web page i switch to desktop view then when replying to a post click go advanced click into attachments then select the file up load it then submit if not sure if it will work for iPhone someone with an iPhone will chime in