1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aftermarket guages which one to buy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by andrewlawnrangr, Feb 28, 2005.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

hey all i am lookin into buying 3 guages for my silverado. i plow and i wil be towing a landscape trailer. the truck is a 6.0L Gasser. i know that i want to get a trans temp guage but i dont know of the others. any help is great

trans temp*
    oil temp
    oil pressure
    water temp
    exhaust temp
    air/fuel ratio

thanks for your help

2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Your truck should already have:

Transmission Temp
    Water Temp
    Oil Pressure

Why would you duplicate them unless you do no trust them... which defeats the whole purpose of even having them... That leaves

oil temp
    exhaust temp
    air/fuel ratio

So there are your three guages...
  3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

no need to monitor exhaust gas temp in your truck. Also oil temp isnt very important. If your truck is running oil pressure lower than were it normaly does or the water temp is getting up there than you have a problem. Air fuel is also a non issue.

If you really have a woody to add gauges a diff temp is about the only thing I may consider and thats just if you tow heavy.
  4. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

hey now that i really thought about it im prolly goin to but that money into the business..
    thanks for making me see clearly

andrew purplebou