1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

aftermarket front bumper, room for snow plow frame

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ciuffc1, Dec 12, 2013.

1. ciuffc1

ciuffc1 Junior Member
    from Milford

I have an '01 second generation dodge ram 2500. I have a boss snow plow and frame on it. I'd like to put a heavy duty aftermarket bumper such as a road armour or similar but I am wondering about clearance with the plow. Road Armour didn't give much info when I called. Has anyone every tried this, have any more info on doing this, pictures, or worst case...does anyone know of any custom bumper builders in the north east PA / north new jersey area? Thanks.

2. I run road armor with a western on my 2000

3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I would be worried about the additional weight. You can always change bumper for the winter

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I bought a Buckstop for my F350 this summer. I needed to make new plates to mount the lights and not crush the pump when I raised it.

So far so good.

5. ciuffc1

ciuffc1 Junior Member
    from Milford

Did your road armor have enough clearance in the front...how tight is it there? I really like them, but they look as if they stick out too far...and that they may get crushed if I try to put the plow on!

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Look up the length of a factory one and then measure yours.

7. ciuffc1

ciuffc1 Junior Member
    from Milford

That's cool. Nice bumper. What plow are you running..is it a Boss with a smart hitch? I am surprised there is clearance this is good to know. How tight is it...like in the front of the bumper, compared to the plow frame...real tight or a couple of inches or enough to not worry about it?

8. Trucks for sale on Craigslist, 2000 dodge ram diesel. You need an ultra mount frame with power bar to adapt to a unimount western the power bar pushes everything forward just enough for clearance as for weight I was running an 8.5 no problem

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nope, Blizzard with a PH1. So the pump\valves are mounted on the A-frame. For this setup there was no possibility of using the plow without modification.

I know you are asking about a Boss, but thought I'd throw it out there that it is possible.