1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aftermarket front bumper for my 2014 Jeep Wrangler w/ Western plow

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by umyboyblue24, Apr 15, 2015.

1. umyboyblue24

umyboyblue24 Junior Member

I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler unlimited and have a western plow with it. I am looking for an aftermarket front bumper that will fit the OEM bumper. The aftermarket bumper must not stick lower or further out compare to the OEM bumper and the inside of the aftermarket bumper must not be closer to the frame compare to OEM. I've been shopping around on the web but do not want to get a bumper that will not work with my plow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The Pic below is the space between inside the bumper to the snow plow frame. Yea not too much space

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. umyboyblue24

Here she is.

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Build your own, it's about the only way you'll get what you want.

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

5. umyboyblue24

Yea building my own would be a little tougher compare to just buying an aftermarket. But i will eave that as a last resort.

6. novawagonmaster

novawagonmaster Senior Member

So essentially you want an aftermarket bumper the exact same dimensions as the OEM bumper, right?

Just checked the calendar... April 1st was 2 weeks ago.

7. umyboyblue24

Yes that is correct. Most likely will not be able to use a bumper with a winch or crawl bar.

8. theplowmeister

from MA

So go to a used auto parts place and get an OEM bumper.

Same size as your bumper. Problem solved :)

9. umyboyblue24

Already have the OEM bumper on not going to a parts store to buy OEM when I want aftermarket.

10. theplowmeister

from MA

It MIGHT help us if we knew WHY you want an after market bumper.

how do you expect to get relevant answers when you ask pore questions? I asked 2 times why you want an after market bumper you never answered. all you said was after market but same as OEM? well get OEM... Why wont OEM work for you? I dont know you dont say. Where do you want the new bumper to perform better... I dont know you dont say. How does the OEM bumper fall short of what is needed.... I dont know you dont say. How the F can I help you when you give no info.

11. umyboyblue24

I want an aftermarket bumper because I do not like the OEM bumper buddy.