1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aftermarket Diesel Exhaust

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Evan Freiling, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Evan Freiling

Evan Freiling Junior Member

Was just wandering what you guys recomend as far as aftermarket exhaust,Bullydog,Banks so on.I have an 06 250 supercab,6'bed.I want to get it breathing better which should help my mileage,and the extra power and of course a tougher sound,any suggestions?
    Thanks Evan

2. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

I like MBRP www.mbrp.com you can get them in cat back/turbo back/cool duals, aluminized or t-304/t-409 stainless..And their product fit and quality is second to none...
    Contact www.dieselperformanceparts.com they cut excellent deals
    if you go to youtube.com and type in mbrp you can hear their exhaust set ups pretty well..or type in 6.0

3. Evan Freiling

Evan Freiling Junior Member

Thanks M@M

Hey thanks for the info,is that what you run on your truck.Think I should go stainless,and is there much of a power gain? By the way your truck looks awesome!

4. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

MBRP all the way... Im installing mine this weekend

5. MarksTLC

MarksTLC Senior Member

Definitely go stainless. It's worth the extra money. I went with aluminized and wish I had spent the extra... The cool duals sound great...

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have the MBRP 4" stainless turbo back, cat-delete, 6" tip on my 6.0 Powerstroke. It doesnt growl or rumble near as much as the 7.3 does but there is a ton of turbo coming out of the pipe. You will love it. Definetaly go stainless, not aluminized. I ordered from www.xtremediesel.com; they are good to work with. ;)

7. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

I would also go stainless it will last and clean up real well!As far as the power gain goes you will have some gain, but it will benefit you because it will drop your EGT temp!!! Right now I just have a muffler delete on my truck but I will be putting an MBRP on it soon...And thank you for the compliment I posted some new pics in the photos forum of it...Post up some pics of your ride when you have a chance!
    Mike

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Go to summitracing.com and order the catalog. They have a ton of stuff for trucks.
    It's a good reading in the bathroom catalog.

9. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

10. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

im not sure if your are on a budget or not but all I did was get a Walker straight through replacement muffler from blackclouddiesel.com for around $50 shipped with the hardware needed and I love it. My truck exhaust looks totally stock (and is other than the muffler) and it sounds awesome. The turbo spool is pretty loud and you get that sweet diesel/turbo flutter. The best part is there is no drone in cab at all. Roll down the rear right window and as you pass stuff by you really hear the exhaust! Im such a nerd but seriously, if you are on a budget, its the way to go. I have a vid on my site if you want to see/hear the exhaust.

11. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I will also say MBRP. I have installed a couple dozen of their systems with great results. As far as stainless i am on the fence. My aluminized system has been on my 01 since December of 00 and it is as solid as the day it was installed. Unless you are running a really lifted truck no one will see any of the system except for the tailpipe. If it was me i would save the $$$, Go with aluminized and get a tuner :cool: . There is a lot that can be helped with the factory programing ESPECIALLY the transmission function.

12. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I too have helped install several MBRP exhaust systems on different brands of trucks and the fit was always very good. I have a MBRP muffler and I am very happy with it. I agree Stainless Steel is not worth the extra $$$, and my aluminumized 4" has been on my truck for about 5 years and there is absolutely no signs or rust. Yes I do live in the rust belt.

13. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Aluminum mix is OK, but I wouldn't say it not worth the money on a nice truck run every day that you plan on keeping. Had it on my old truck. It was a nice custom bent system. Great till about year 5 then it needed replacing. It rot from the inside out, so you may think it's ok but need replacing soon.

Now on my Camaro that never sees foul weather the Aluminized pipe is great, 10 years still looks new, but thats an exception considering how it is used.

14. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Hey YAZ was your old truck a gasser????
    Big difference between Diesel and Gas exhaust emission content.
    Diesel is much easier on the aluminized.

15. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I went with stainless just because the piece of mind is worth the extra few bucks

16. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

As long as you are happy nobody can fault you.
    Diesels do not rot out exhaust pipes from the inside out like gassers do.

17. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Yes it was.. I didn't know about that, maybe the soot coats and protects it as well? I heard old timers say to coat the inside of a exhaust system with oil, pouring some down the carb before changing the plugs.:dizzy: