1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

aftermarket cut edge?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by chevyboyiroc, Oct 2, 2010.

1. chevyboyiroc

chevyboyiroc Junior Member

I've got a 60" glacier (polaris) plow on my sportsman that is in need of a new scraper bar. I am looking for one of the plastic ones but would settle for the hardened steel. I just don't want to shell out another $65 for a junk polaris one that is only going to last me a year or two. Are there any aftermarket ones that will line up with the polaris 9 bolt blade?

thanks, -Justin

2. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

contact cuttingedgepoly.com they are not cheap but we run their cutting edges on our pushers and they last longer than the steel ones

3. pjprod

pjprod Junior Member
    from ny

Go urethane...the only way to go!

4. Mr.Freezzz

Mr.Freezzz Member
    from Utah

LOL just go to your local steel dealership and have the build you a template. T3 or 2 the bigger the better and the heavy weight is good for cleaning snow pack. I havent bought a stock edge for years+++

5. plowboss

plowboss Member

have an 800 sportsman ith a polaris plow, we put a 1/2 inch poly edge on 2 years ago and its still got alot of life left on it. you can buy them blank and just drill the holes yourself. sandwich the poly between the moldboard and the old steel edge. works great on walks.

6. bokeefe

bokeefe Junior Member

plowboss,

Where did you get the poly blade from?

7. plowboss

plowboss Member

8. plowboss

plowboss Member

poly cutting edge

the link above takes you to wrong website.. but the companies name is Fall line

9. bokeefe

bokeefe Junior Member

Sweeeet!! Thanks for the info.

10. irv

irv Senior Member

i buy 3-1/2 wide by 3/8 cutter bar steel from a company who make woods
    mowers and other products. much harder and adds extra down pressure
    weight. drill holes in the middle and flip it for a second edge. i have a 48"
    warn setup. any wider and id be tearing up grass on the edges of
    sidewalks.--irv

11. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

Just goto any plastic place in your town, tell them what you are making, tell them you want UHM poly (they will recomend that anyways) on my 48" shovels and plows I runn 1/4" I replace them twice per season....but I also do miles of sidewalk per snowfall. I have never used a steel blade so i can't compare, but i do know steel is loud, and poly is quiet. so poly is the the olny way ill ever go.

12. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

Go to http://cuttingedgepoly.com. They don't sell the cheap urathane that falline does. Their edges will last way longer. We have gone down both roads and Cutting Edge Poly wins every time.

13. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

Urathane is junk, go with ethaline

14. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

Be careful with the local plastic place. They will sell you the wrong product everytime. We tried that and blew hundreds of dollars till we finally started calling companies that make the edges. Prices were about the same or cheaper too.

15. irv

irv Senior Member

so, what is the thickness of the cutting edge you have.what for vehicle
    are you using it on and what kind of plow[being nosy] might callt the
    company tomorrow.thanks!--irv

16. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

We have it on multiple pusher boxes for loaders and bobcats, small pusher boxes for track loaders, angle blades for loaders, blizzards and boss plows , atv plows and pro wings. We have had them custom make us different pieces to extend plows too. We have pretty much stayed with 1.5 inch thickness and been really happy with that. They said they can do any thickness but we stay with what they tell us. It hasn't failed yet.