1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

aftermarket bumper??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by dodge plow45, Nov 1, 2009.

1. dodge plow45

dodge plow45 Junior Member

I was wondering if anybody has put a plow on a truck with an aftermarket front bumber? the plow is going to be a 9ft boss v. The truck is going to be a 1995 dodge ram 2500 cummins with a ranchand ront end replacement as the bumper. thanks for anyhelp

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

You may have to have the bumper notched. Shouldn't be hard to do for a competant fabricator.

I was thinking of permantly mounting my plow lights on a Ranch Hand style bumper and cuttin my Boss light tower in half to fit underneath. Or mabye dogleg the light tower to fit around the bumper. I want a Ranch Hand, too. I know how you feel.

Down there in Ranch Hand country, they don't get no snow!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  3. dodge plow45

dodge plow45 Junior Member

yeh they're kick a$$ but i was thinking that with the weight of the ranch hand (500lbs) and then add the plow.. thats a lot of extra weight on the front end. and with dodges front ends sucking anyways, im just gonna put the stock bumper back on for the winter...