1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

After snow cleanup

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jrjr2u, Oct 9, 2009.

1. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Just curious, how many of you offer to patch up lawns, etc, after plow season?

2. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

Well, if your a legit company that's a must to keep your clients happy! even if your not. its your work on the line. i.e. don't hit the grass!! lol...

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i say its only grass and just pass the buck onto someone else....:gunsfiring:,jk

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I backdrag it at the end of the season,maybe!

5. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

The way I look at it, if I made the mess, I will clean it up. SO I clean up the mess for free- usually

6. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Nice Truck Grandview :jester:

7. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Interesting concept, how much return business do you get? j/k

8. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

I may take this approach too lol

9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

im just the employee :drinkup: lol only commerc here...my 8' bed doesnt like driveways too much

10. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

We always fix it

11. o'snow patrol

o'snow patrol Junior Member

Got to fix it. The cost to fix the grass at the end of the season is nothing compared to possibly losing a potential contract customer.

12. hdelectraglide

hdelectraglide Member

always fix what you mess up. but look at the job at had before you get snow so you dont get suckerd in to something you did not do. and always have signed contracts! GOOD LUCK

13. azandy

azandy Member

We have in our contracts that we will not repair any damage but always do for free if we are doing their lawn care or weed and fert.
    I'd rather spend a few dollars on labor and a little seed and keep my customers happy. We have very little turn over. I also will stake some driveways and most commercial jobs to eliminate a lot of damage

14. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Only fixed 1 yard in 20 some years of plowing.(3 mins of raking)
    Experience goes a LONG way in not tearing stuff up

15. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

tHAT IS TRUE buT IF THE GROUND DOESNT FREEZE YOU ARE STILL GOING TO HAVE RUTS WHERE THE TRUCK DRIVES ON THE LAWN . (sorry for the caps) I fix all lawn damage some I do for free or I charge some depends on how good of a payer they are.Just take the Half a day and fix it

16. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I don't fix dead grass but if a put ruts in sombody's lawn or dig into the sawd I will fix the lawn in the Spring. My clients understand that when you plow on grass some of it might come up.

17. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Mercer when do we get to see a pic of your set up...?

18. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Earl....I raise the plow when I get to the grass lexing snow for me to drive on. Rarely if ever is the ground so soft you leave ruts.