1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

After market trip edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FaccLandscaping, Nov 26, 2011.

1. FaccLandscaping

FaccLandscaping Junior Member

I know a lot of the newer plows have a trip edge and I wish I had the money to just get a new plow but at this point in the season unless I have something huge fall in my lap I will have to wait until next season. So I get this catalogue sent to my home and I noticed this product, I was wondering if anyone has seen this or used it or maybe had some type of a review on it. I have a small unfinished development this season and since its unfinished the builder did not put the finish blacktop down yet so its only a really rough scratch coat and all the utilities (vent covers, man-hole covers and so on) stick up a few inches in preparation for the final coat of asphalt. So there’s going to be a lot of plow tripping this season and was looking for some options, what do you think?

triplock.jpg

triplock.jpg

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a good way to damage your plow. If the plow needs to trip let it trip. I would get a shock absorber to reduce the jarring from tripping. And I would run a poly edge to deal with all the protrusions.

3. FaccLandscaping

Poly edge… didn’t even think of that good idea! I was stuck on the newer plows with what looks like a partial trip so you don’t loose the whole load. I actually wanted to turn this property down due to the unfinished surface but I service a lot of their other lots and don’t want to loose them over this so I kind of have to take on the risk. Thanks for the idea!

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Poly edge isn't going to be any better on those manhole covers than steel. Rubber, maybe....

5. FaccLandscaping

Really? I was hoping Poly was the answer…I had a sub working for me last season who used rubber and had nothing but complaints about it. Thanks for the input!