1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

after market skid steer heater

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by thesnowman269, Dec 16, 2015.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Ive been looking at buying an older skid steer this spring as one with a factory cab and heat is just too far out of the budget. I would like to install a heater and make a cab enclosure for colder weather conditions. So I am wondering if anyone has any experience with a heater core type after market heater where you plumb coolant lines up to the cab. How well do they work? If they work at all? Attached is a link to the type of aftermarket heater I am talking of.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271138493800?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have their 12,500btu in that cube version and I like it a lot. Our skid didn't have a factory cab so I made the side windows out of lexan and bought an aftermarket door with wiper and put the heater in. Last year we were hauling snow in -20 and while it wasn't warm enough for short sleeves I was warm enough with a set of under armour's on with light ski type pants and just a hoodie. It wasn't much cooler than a friends CAT with factory heat.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

They are not bad. Maradyne is a brand that a lot of companies use

4. chad1234

chad1234 Junior Member
    from 48348

X2 maradyne heater . Search my12voltstore

5. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I bought a cab elclosher from Northern tool. I think it cost me 250 ish . Then I made a door out of angle iron,weld it together and took it to the local glass shop and had the put temperd glass in it.
    And made a heater box out of sheet metal, got a heater core from the parts store and a blower motor from the junk yard. I got the idra from you tube. Search go green pmon youtube

6. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

This is what I plan on doing. I just wanted to make sure my plan was worth attempting before I went through with it. I just need something around the shop to help move things around and do a few projects here and there as well as move some snow if ever need be.