1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

After Market Pro Wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Shane Demulling, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Shane Demulling

Shane Demulling Junior Member

HAS ANYONE TRIED THE PRO WINGS ON A BOSS 8'2 V PLOW? HOW DO THEY WORK? AND IS IT WORTH IT? THEY RUN ABOUT $200.00 FOR A SET AND GIVE YOU 22" MORE BLADE.

2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I just finished putting a set of pro wings on my 7 1/2 Western. It is just over 9 foot now with the wings on.:D

On a straight blade I'm sure they will save some time, but with a V blade I think you are as efficient as you are going to be.

Maybe someone else can offer a little more input, I havent had any snow to try them out yet.

Maybe try the Turkey Wings????
    Mark K

3. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

i put my pro-wings on last season. i think they will work real good.
    no snow last season =
    no pro-wing experience
    maybe this year

4. hiranger

hiranger Member

I've just installed Turkey wings on a 9 footer. Waiting for it snow now. They are supposed to be more efficient than a V plow because you are able to use your total blade width. The snow will continue to roll with the blade as well. With pro wings the snow really doesn't roll that great.

5. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

Been there..

... they seem to work better on a straight blade.

We took ours off the V's.

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Wingw on V-Plow

Seem's we have a problem. What position do most people use the V plow in for clearing snow? Straight blade. V is used to bust it open, Scoop for cleaning up all those nasty trails left by the straight blade.

Have put several sets of bolt on wings on V plows. West, Boss and Fisher. In the V- position you get alittle extra off the ends and a little more wheel clearance when punching throught the drifts. In the straight blade you have nearly the same effect as a bucket blade.
    When you go to the scoop position you have a deeper scoop to carry more snow. However the wings in the straight blade or moved just to the beginning of the scoop position with bolt on wings will hold more snow thatn the blade in the full scoop position.

Down side to install. You have to weld the pin to the face of the blade or cut a hole through the back of most Boss plows to do the wing install.

Upside. easy to remove when you need a smaller blade or for transport.

I went the hard way .. 810 power plow... Touch the button and the wings move in and out and also pivot forward. No need to get out in the cold and less spilt coffee>