1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

After market cabs for tractors

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by sqdqo, May 15, 2012.

1. sqdqo

sqdqo Member
    from mqt mi

Does anyone use a tractor or mini backhoe, ie: JD110, Kubota L48-L45 etc, for snow removal with an after market cab? I am curious what your opinions of the cabs are. Are they excessively noisy, are heaters and defrosters effective? What types do you like best?

2. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

I have a Kubota L48, with a Sims cab. For the price, the quality wasn't the greatest, the instructions SUCKED. Had holes that didn't line up, and Sims didn't really have an answer for it. The heater that came with it works great, no issues with keeping warm, I was fine with a sweatshirt in 10 degree weather for hours at a time. Noise isn't to the point that I needed hearing protection, but it's no where near as nice as the newer tractors that come with factory cabs. I paid 6k for the cab if that helps. For the right price, I would be willing to sell the whole deal, tractor and cab.