1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

After market Boss Skid shoes

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Spearfish, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Spearfish

Spearfish Junior Member

I have over a mile of gravel road that I plow. The gravel is loose and there are three cattle guards that I have to plow. The boss shoes dig in and I am plowing a lot of my gravel into the ditches and they catch on the cattle guards.
    I am looking for some skid shoes that are longer and ski shaped instead of the round ones to fit my boss v plow. Boss is no help. Does anyone know any after market place that might make these?

2. If you have a tractor supply by you look at the ones for a myers there ski like shoes about 6 inch long.

3. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. AE1

AE1 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Basher, I do both, gravel lots, as well as paved lots. I've heard of doing this, but am afraid of what i'm going to loose on my scraping ability on the paved lots. How long do those gravel edges last, and how do they actually work on a paved surface?