1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

After market Blizzard parts.

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by lewdo, Feb 10, 2007.

1. lewdo

lewdo Junior Member

Was wandering if anyone knew (other than the dealer) when I can find parts for my Blizzard plow? I did a search for plow parts and found many online suppliers, but none carried Blizzard parts. Thanks for the help.
  2. ahaycoman

ahaycoman Member
    from Montana

aftermarket Blizzard parts

I can't really say I know where to find it either, but maybe somebody out there would respond so I can find out the information too. I've been forced to build most of the stuff myself either because of the outrageous prices or because of the piss-poor (I hope I can say that) dealer support we have in this area. It's amazing what you can piece together and make work if you're forced to.
  3. Greensway

Greensway Member

4. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

There kind of over priced also. 47?? for the 810 plow plus you have to have it shipped. I had mine installed for 4500.
  5. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I haven't ordered parts from here but they do sell mail order ( snowplowsupply.com ) They have the most of the blizzard plows in their parts list.
  6. lewdo

lewdo Junior Member

Thanks I appreciate the posts and will check those sites out.
  7. firelwn82

Those two sites are the same guys.
  8. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

For what it is worth the hoses can be cross referenced to part numbers on Northern Tools. Switches for controller at mouser.com. I have not looked into solenoids or pump stuff yet.

I was able to find everything that is included in the Blizzard emergency that goes for $250+ for under $35 (well at least the stuff you really need).

I guess point being look outside the box and just a different way to save a buck. Everything that could normally go wrong is standard stuff, (solenoid, hose, rams, switches, relays).

I remember someone here needing a wing switch for the controller. $35 or so from Blizzard, or $4.25 for the exact same part at mouser.com.

Plus places like Northern tools and Mouser ship a lot faster.

Just my thoughts.

PS Blizzard also wants $35 for the toggle switch on the plow itself, $1.25 or there abouts at Mouser.
  9. firelwn82

Thats very good info. Thanks alot, what else do you know Mr. Wiseone. lol.
  10. lubricity

lubricity Member

GOOD LUCK getting anything from Blizzard in a timely manner. Order it now for next year.
  11. jhook

jhook Senior Member

It's too bad that a company that makes such a good product sucks so much at service.
  12. firelwn82

Thats a fact Jack. But I have picked up alot of snow customers that say the same thing about the crooked snow plow guys they hired too. Guess they had to get jobs or something and couldn't plow. Alll That I can say is Bye Bye.:salute: :) :nod: :p
  13. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

I figured I'd dredge up this old thread and see if anyone has any part numbers for switches, etc. available on mouser?
  14. bretthouchen04

bretthouchen04 Junior Member

just looked on that snowplowsupply and It wont show any parts lists at all when you click on blizzard stuff. I know this thread is old but I figured since it was up there they would have something.
  15. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

16. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

When I get a chance I'll see if I can cross reference some stuff and get a parts list together to post. If anyone else has time to mess around feel free.
  17. firelwn82

This would be greatly appreciated. Right now I am trying to find the trim ring for the headlights. Storks auto has them but they want more to ship it than they do for the part... :realmad:
  18. Shadetree Ltd.

Shadetree Ltd. Junior Member

Interested for this info as well, you guys have no idea how bad the dealer network is up here, replacement headlights for 810/8611's........$550
    Anyways, some links for parts;
    Identical larger solenoid http://shopping.murcal.com/Catalog/Bear-DC-Contactor-Family/114-1211-020;jsessionid=0a0101421f43f758567cc91045b08487a916191d91bd.e3eSc3iSaN0Le34Pa38Ta38Obh10
    Toggle switch on plow http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/t7toggleswitch.php
    I havent bought from either company yet so no feedback available from me
  19. firelwn82

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

How about the factory headlight plugs?