1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

after fluid change plow doesn't work

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snopushin ford, Dec 3, 2011.

1. snopushin ford

snopushin ford Senior Member
    from mass

hi i have a minute mount 2 and did the fluid and filter change, put it all back together and tried to use the plow but it angled to the right when i tried to lift it and now it will not do anything but the pump is trying. any ideas on what could have happened?? thanks

2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Bad ground can cause this. Is this setup like the western unimounts? If it is you didn't by chance forget to put the ground cable back on the motor mount bolt when you put the motor back on. Just a thought.

3. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Did the same thing today. I brought the plow to my welder and he had to flipmit on its face to work on it and some fluid leaked out. The plow raised and angled fine on the way home dropped tthe old fluid and refilled it now it only raises 4 inches and angles left and right. Motor is struggling to raise the plow and when it is raised it moves side to side. I tried bleeding the cylinders but didnt work.

4. snopushin ford

from mass

the grounds seem fine, i had the motor on its side( like your plow was on its face) so i don't know if its a odd air gap or somthing?? very frustrating. any other ideas, and thanks for the replies so far

5. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Enough fluid?

6. snopushin ford

from mass

yes the fluid level is fine. any other thoughts??

7. JRIP

JRIP Junior Member
    from 20877

pull the cover off the solenoids and make sure the all the wires are still hooked up. should be diagram inside cover of where the wires go

8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

My guess would be excessive air. This is why I just take it to a dealer....45-50 bucks and be done with it. My dealer does a flush, cleans the filter, goes over everything. They even spray things down with FF. Again for 45-50 bucks have at it!

9. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Message sent

10. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I tried loosening the packing nut and that didnt help either is there a trick to bleeding the air out.

11. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Anyone have some helpful comments? I droopped the fluid again and pulled the resovoir filters are clean as can be. I filled it back up and un hooked the chain and the cylinder lifts fine with no weight. After running up and down a few times i tried with the plow again and it lifts halfway and stops. I just dont understand what else it could be.

12. snopushin ford

from mass

so the fix for my problem was a wire got loose on one of the solenoids. she is back together and working fine. thanks for the advice for everyone who commented. Matt

13. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Glad you found it

14. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Sound like the pump it self is going bad or should I say weak. Mine did that very seem thing last year and it was the pump. It would go up but a few inches and side to side fine. I hope this isn't your problem, but it sounds like it can be.

15. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Pump runs, but no movement, right? Got to be air in the cylinders. Not certain how to properly bleed the system, but Fisher no doubt has it on their support site.