1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Affordable LED lights?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Some of you may remember my pics posted last season, i got a 54" whelen Liberty LED light bar, i paid about $900 for it for the 06 F350 although it sells for a lot more than that online even.

I need to get more temporary lights for at least our 03 F150 and 06 F150 and something more simple for our 91 F150 trucks.

I looked up the "mini" whelen liberty, its frekkin almost 700$! ouch. I wont pay that much for a temporary damn light for each truck. Are there any good ones you guys use that are still LED, smaller, anything less than 24" width that use suction cups to remove them?

The 03 F150 has no back window that opens so the wire would have to go out the back door on top, the 06 has a back window, so does the 91, so it can be run out there with a cigarette lighter extension cable.

Id like to spend $300ish maybe $400 if i have to for the 03 and 06 F150s. I have a $40 ambler rotator POS i may decide to just use on the 91 if i need to.

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

payup Led bar , check ebay i know there was a thread on this already , but i saw one in person, looked nice, not super bright

but it did look very nice on top of an 04 superduty

also has take down alleys, which were very bright

the mini bar goes for around $150 , the large 48 inch is about $300... it seemed of a decent quality , im sure the wheelen ones are better, but for less than half the price , i think these are what im getting... they guy in claifornia makes them

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/22-5...016QQitemZ260269722082QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/48-F...018QQitemZ280252481338QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I saw the smaller 22.5 in person, dont know about the 48 inch

3. elite1msmith

from chicago

if anyone buys these, please let me know ur thoughts on the product

4. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

yahoo search speedtech lights.

5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

With Gen1 LED's, I think I'd avoid that ebay lightbar... You really get what you pay for when it comes to this stuff. Gen1 LED's are past their time, they should really be left to marker light duty, not warning light duty, they're trying to make up for their lack of brightness by packing more LED's into the lightbar...:rolleyes: I use a ShoMe Luminator minibar ($399) and love it! I also have multiple LIN3 and TIR3 lights strategically placed around the truck, plow headgear and spreader, but the luminator is plenty bright I dont really need the rest.

6. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

7. elite1msmith

from chicago

i guess it depends, how much that your willing to spend... i have 5 trucks that are getting them equipt.

" im there to plow snow, not put on a light show" - i forget just who said that prior to me, but it stuck