1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Affliated Grounds MTC Group

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mullis56, Feb 2, 2010.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Anyone heard of them? Work for them? Like them / Hate them?

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

ive heard of them, they been calling me once a week for a couple months now,. most of what they are bidding is they are just hoping to get the contract. the last places the sent me info about 2 of the 4 stores had been closed and sold for over 2 years and they didnt even know it.

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Thats awesome. They sound like they're really on top of things.

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Interesting. Hadn't checked my email since Sunday...

AGMG Must have done a MASS email campaign, got a solicitation letter from them yesterday. Anyone feel them out yet, besides the fact that they dont know which stores are open or not?

5. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

They are just like all the other nationals. Slow pay and make you bid on a bunch of properties they don't have a contract on yet.

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

They are based out of Erie Pa, they started out as a landscaping/snow plowing company. As I said in another post about them, Rich is a decent guy, they seem to have a lot of work around here. I know a guy who bought a skid steer, (used but still 20k) and its more than half paid off working for them and we haven't plowed in weeks! I bid on a bunch of props. but our schedule was pretty much full so we didn't work anything out. As far as pay....I dont understand why they do this but it takes about 45 or so days to get the first check after the first storm then its every two weeks. They have been paying like that since I subbed for them when they were just a landscaping/snow plowing company. Hoping to do some work for them come spring, God knows we have enough equipment,lol. As far as those properties that were sold or vacant in a earlier post, who knows, vacant properties still fire lanes plowed. We bid on a vacant grocery store that they still wanted plowed. I honestly don't know about the other property maint. companies, I have never worked for them but knowing Rich like I do, I wouldn't hesitate to work with them. Hope this helps put a few minds to ease. All you can do if given the opportunity to bid on any of their property's.....bid them like you would normally bid something and if you get it, you get it. If you don't....well then I guess you don't, just like anything else.

7. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

I have also done a lot of bidding for them , but not done any work yet. I also think they are decent company though for a national. Rich/Crystal Arlington are also great people and a wealth of information. Anyone involved in SIMA should know who they are if you have ever been to a SIMA event or read any of the publications.

8. Yard Keepers

Yard Keepers Junior Member

Have used Affliated Grounds Group for some time now. Have ZERO complaints. Pay faster than our regular commercial accounts. And I am sure the list of closed properties were just resent from the log of stores from the Company. Some places still need service, even though closed. Rich, is also a slip and fall expert, as well as a consultant for snow and ice.