1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aerial view of sites

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Alan, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I found this shot at www.terraserver.com. It's part of Catamount Industrial Park in Milton, VT.

In the lower center of the picture there's a bend in the street. There are two buildings on the outside of that bend that we do, the one that has the parking lot markings visible and the one to the lower right of that. Across the street at about 2 o'clock there is a building that is almost square and has a very light roof. We don't do that one but we do do the one past it on that same line, again it has a very light roof and is showing a little bit of curved road at the lot entrance.
  2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like one of the photos the goverment had of Iraqi weapons factorys!you plow all the way over there?:p ,I was wonderin if you hadn't froze up on us there Alan,whats the temps like up there Vermont?
  3. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

It got up to a balmy 7° this afternoon from a start of -17° this morning. Forecasts are for 15 to 25 BELOW zero tonight and only NEAR zero for highs tomorrow. When it gets up to freezing it's going to feel virtually tropical.
  4. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

You gotta wonder--if they can put photos like that out for any of us to access on the internet, what kinda goodies are they keeping to themselves?
  5. mcgreen71

mcgreen71 Junior Member

Thanks for that link! I have been on that site for three hours now downloading pictures of my route! What a great tool. Imagine if they let you zoom in even further.

I'm keeping my window shades SHUT from now on!!
  6. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Terraserver has been around about 3 years. All the pics are black and white.

Mapquest.com you can map and address, then click on the "aerial view" tab, and zoom in. Their aerials are in color. I tried to view Alan's house, but they do not have aerials of his part of the country... ;)

All metro areas are covered though.