1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aerial Photos

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jjklongisland, Dec 6, 2007.

1. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

I am sure most of you guys have seen or used google earth... I love it... There is also a good site called http://maps.live.com/ Whats cool about this site is when you zoom in to a small area it gives you an option called BIRDS EYE VIEW, which allows a North, South, East, and West 3 dimensional view of the area... Pretty cool and usefull. I dont know if all areas over the country are covered but Long Island works great...

http://maps.live.com/

2. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Yup...

Use that site exclusively...bring up a property on it before I go to do an estimate...gives me a great idea on what to be quoting well before I arrive. Very cool stuff...

3. Ladder15

Ladder15 Junior Member

Awesome site!
    thanks

4. millsys mowing

millsys mowing Junior Member

thanks for the site but where is this birds eye option you are talking about? i can't seem to find it but it might just be because im on a Mac

5. snoaway

snoaway Junior Member

That site is sweet. I can see our horses in the field...Great Site Thanks...

6. frostypuck

frostypuck Member

Excellent. Those bird's eye pics are the older Google Maps sat. photos. In my area, the old pics were during the winter (apparently) and they've since updated the pics to something more recent taken in the summer, at sunset. So the trees are full of leaves, and the shadows block out almost everything. www.maps.live.com is much better for me. Cool.
    Chris in Boston